The elves old norse.
Scandinavian elves. Of dwarves and elves has a list of names of strange beings that appeared in norse myths and legends. According to nordic folklore elves live in meadows and forests. The norwegians call the elves huldrafolk and their music huldraslaat.
See more ideas about scandinavian christmas danish christmas tomte. Centuries ago in the pagan times scandinavian people believed that elves are house gnomes who guarded their homes against evil. Nisse tomte tonttuu etc.
The nisse is one of the most familiar creatures of scandinavian folklore and he has appeared in many works of scandinavian literature. In old norse elves are called álfar though this term can be divided into subcategories. With the romanticisation and collection of folklore during the 19th century the nisse gained popularity.
An elf old norse álfr old english ælf old high german alb proto germanic albaz is a certain kind of demigod like being in the pre christian mythology and religion of the norse and other germanic peoples. Beings such as dwarves elves and spirits. It is in the minor key and of a dull and mournful sound.
Jan 14 2020 scandinavian christmas elves. álfar singular álfr are divine beings in norse mythology. Although generally depicted as peaceful creatures and often portrayed as good in modern media there are some scandinavian tales in which elves are the perpetrators of wicked deeds.
- Scandinavian Norwegian Features
- Scandinavian Office Decor
- Scandinavian Myths
- Scandinavian Norwegian Troll
- Scandinavian Names For Boys
- Scandinavian Movie Poster
- Scandinavian Norse God Mask
- Scandinavian Office Chairs
- Scandinavian Norwegian Quilt Patterns
- Scandinavian Norse
- Scandinavian Mystery Tv Series
- Scandinavian Mountains In Norway
- Scandinavian Norse Men
- Scandinavian Noir Books
- Scandinavian Nordic Christmas
- Scandinavian Myths And Legends
- Scandinavian Mythology Books
- Scandinavian Netflix Shows
- Scandinavian Mountains Mapa
- Scandinavian Names Female