Old Traditional Scandinavian Houses
The christians in the norse region used to gather in stave churches which from outside looked like a more complex construction than the ritual houses.
Old traditional scandinavian houses. Scandinavian farmhouse exteriors draw heavily from american farmhouse exteriors with its traditional symmetrical two story build and metal roof. Traditional scandinavian house photos traditional scandinavian house photos 11. The longhouse had curved walls that almost makes the roof look like a ship flipped on its head.
The walls were either made from clay or wood planks. There are three sections of the house connected by a wood floor exterior that leads to a grassy lawn. The house was built in 1936 by one emil peterson whose ancestors were swedish and his wife vollea who was the first american born child of norwegian immigrants.
It s both practical and beautiful. Borgund stave church in borgund lærdal norway built in the 12th century the major aspects of medieval scandinavian architecture are boathouses religious buildings before and after christians arrived in the area and general buildings both in cities and outside of them. Houses were built by using wood from oak trees in the viking age.
But the coloring of the farmhouses echoes scandinavia as the white washed paneling along with black window and door frames give the exterior a striking contrast. We adore this stark black home as seen on appareilarchitecture. The vertical lines on the facade as well as the roof add texture and visual appeal.
The roof was supported with large posts that were dug into the ground. Each of the gray walled sections is complemented by wide windows and glass doors that reflect the cloudy skies. The þjóðveldisbær longhouse located in þjórsárdalur is a re creation of a typical icelandic turf house from the end of the norse era and is based on the house at stöng a short distance away that was covered with ash during a volcanic eruption of hekla in 1104.
Their roofs were the same as traditional ritual houses that is multi layered but they often had a tower or spire in the middle. Stave churches so named because of the norse words for their load bearing poles were extremely popular back in the 12th century and their unique shape matched with all wooden construction make is simply spectacular. Traditional swedish house mora flickr sharing traditional swedish house mora flickr sharing 10.
- Minimalist Scandinavian Style Art
- Mid Century Scandinavian Table Lamp
- Model Rumah Scandinavian 2 Lantai
- Minimalist Scandinavian Artwork
- Minimalist Scandinavian Cafe
- Minimal Scandinavian Quilt
- Meaning Of Scandinavian Country
- Mid Century Scandinavian Modern Furniture
- Minimalist Scandinavian Men S Fashion
- Male Scandinavian Traditional Clothing
- Minimalist Scandinavian Office Design
- Minimalist Scandinavian Christmas Trees
- Male Traditional Scandinavian Clothing
- Mid Century Scandinavian Dining Chairs
- Minimalist Scandinavian Apartment Design
- Minimalist Scandinavian Door Design
- Mid Century Modern Scandinavian Living Room
- Minimalist Scandinavian Curtains
- Mid Century Modern Scandinavian Kitchen
- Modern Rustic Scandinavian Interior Design