Largest Scandinavian Cities
Can you name the 50 biggest cities of scandinavia.
Largest scandinavian cities. The stockholm urban area in blue the largest urban area in the nordic countries. Currently the city is the hub of industry shipping banking and trade in the country. Among the cities of today which got this status before 1996 tvedestrand with 1 983 inhabitants is the smallest.
The big danish trade centers were hedeby and ribe in south jutland and jelling for the king and later roskilde and copenhagen aarhus and viborg and odense. On another note the laws of 1996 allowed some settlements which lost their city status in the 1960s to regain it. The population is measured on a national level independently by each country s statistical bureau.
Cities and towns in norway. Note that double listings may reflect different spellings or definitions of urban agglomerations. The largest cities in scandinavia ranked by population the table below includes cities and in some cases urban areas and municipalities inscandinavia with populations exceeding 50 000 people.
The largest cities in scandinavia ranked by population the table below includes cities and in some cases urban areas and municipalities inscandinavia with populations exceeding 50 000 people. Oslo is norway s biggest and capital city that was founded in 1040 and established as a trading place in 1048. Get the best of sporcle when you go orange this ad free experience offers more features more stats and more fun while also helping to support sporcle.
Note that double listings may reflect different spellings or definitions of urban agglomerations. A friendly street life and a unique café culture wrapped in beautiful design of the city will make you want to never leave again. Stockholm is the capital of sweden and also its largest city and it is also the largest of the five capitals of scandinavia.
In east denmark skåne there was the center of uppakra later replaced by lund and helsingborg plus fishing and trade posts around the coasts and vä which grew into åhus. Oslo founded in 1000 is the largest city and the capital of norway. The city s look and feel is best known for its dutch style canals and leafy boulevards.
- Modern Scandinavian Chandeliers
- Modern Scandinavian Lamp
- Modern Scandinavian Industrial Design
- Modern Scandinavian Style Bedroom
- Modern Scandinavian Wardrobe Design
- Modern Scandinavian Table Setting
- Modern Scandinavian Kitchen Designs
- Modern Scandinavian Bedside Table
- Moment Of Truth Scandinavian Airlines
- Modern Scandinavian Living Room Ideas
- Modern Scandinavian Christmas Ornaments
- Modern Scandinavian Dining Set
- Modern Scandinavian Painted Furniture
- Modern Scandinavian Chairs
- Native Scandinavian Animals
- Modern Scandinavian House Interior
- Modern Scandinavian Bookcase
- Name The Scandinavian Countries
- Modern Scandinavian Daybed
- My Scandinavian Home Bedroom