Is Germany Scandinavian
Some authorities argue for the inclusion of finland on geologic and economic grounds and of iceland and the faroe islands on the grounds that their inhabitants speak north germanic or scandinavian languages related to those of norway and sweden.
Is germany scandinavian. Learn more about the countries of scandinavia including their populations all of which are 2018 estimates capitals and other facts below. Location of scandinavia geographically speaking the scandinavian peninsula is the area shared by norway sweden and a part of northern finland. Geographically the scandinavian peninsula is the largest peninsula in europe extending from above the arctic circle to the shores of the baltic sea.
It covers about 289 500 square miles. Today what we know as germany and austria are german people that used to be a part of nordic germanic race that today lives in denmark sweden norway iceland. The part of germany e g.
From this perspective the scandinavian countries would therefore include only norway sweden and denmark. The current country of germany is for sure not scandinavian. However those who consider themselves northern german and you can probably also include the northern dutch and frisians there and somehow you can t rule out the english either are not that different in their culture and basically have the same roots.
- Scandinavian Home Library Design
- Scandinavian Homes Australia
- Scandinavian House Design
- Scandinavian Herringbone Flooring
- Scandinavian Heritage Association
- Scandinavian Hot Tubs
- Scandinavian Hot Dogs
- Scandinavian House Exterior
- Scandinavian Hotel Design
- Scandinavian Heritage Park Minot
- Scandinavian High Chair
- Scandinavian House Exteriors
- Scandinavian House Shoes
- Scandinavian Home Office Furniture
- Scandinavian Home Decor Shop
- Scandinavian History Documentary
- Scandinavian Hot Dog
- Scandinavian Homewares
- Scandinavian Hospitality Management
- Scandinavian Home Exterior Design