Flags Of Scandinavian Countries
Country flags of the world list of all 254 this list includes all countries and dependent territories that are part of iso 3166 1 countries of the united kingdom and kosovo if you are only interested in sovereign states go to the flags of un members.
Flags of scandinavian countries. The cross flag is scandinavia s historic flag pattern showing a stretching to all four sides of the flag. The kalmar union which was the kingdom that united denmark sweden and norway as well as parts of finland between 1397 1523 adopted a flag with a red cross and yellow body. Nordic cross flag nordic cross scandinavian cross is a pattern of flags usually associated with the flags of the scandinavian countries of which it originated.
Size inches 12 x 8 6 x 4. The nordic cross features on the flags of all three scandinavian countries and their nordic neighbours. Its patterns and colours immediately evoke strong feelings in its citizens and strong stereotypes in others.
All have similar shaped flags. The whole story begins with a book published in the 1400s. The nordic cross flag is any one of several flags bearing the design of the nordic or scandinavian cross a cross symbol in a rectangular field with the center of the cross shifted towards the hoist.
The cross design symbolises christianity and is depicted extending to the edges of the flag with the vertical part of the cross shifted to the hoist side as opposed to flags. All independent nordic countries have adopted such flags in the modern period and while the scandinavian cross is named for its use in the national flags of the scandinavian nations the term. The flags of scandinavian countries are similar and many people are curious about it.
Why are the flags of the scandinavian countries similar. All scandinavian countries use this basic traditional design on their flags but individualize their flags in color and other minor flag details. The danish flag dannebrog is depicted for the first time in the gere armorial book.
Choose between small and large flag where small is 6 x 4 inches and the large one is 12 x 8 inches. A nation s flag is such an evocative symbol. Not only nordic countries were using this type of flag but also the early german states imperial germany of the second and third reich livonian order teutonic order and even early england.
- Buy Scandinavian Furniture
- Chess Scandinavian Defense
- Decor Small Scandinavian Living Room
- Contemporary Scandinavian Furniture
- Blue Scandinavian Design Bedroom
- Coffee Shop Scandinavian Cafe Design
- Contact Scandinavian Airlines
- Bohemian Nordic Scandinavian Interior
- Black Scandinavian Floor Lamp
- Classic Scandinavian Armchair
- Dining Room Scandinavian Wall Decor
- Classic Scandinavian Interior Design
- Bunk Bed Scandinavian Design
- Billy Joel Scandinavian Skies
- Danish Scandinavian Decor
- Denmark Scandinavian Flags
- Blue Scandinavian Living Room Ideas
- Currency In Scandinavian Countries
- Christmas Scandinavian Food
- Contemporary Scandinavian Folk Art