Famous Scandinavian Designers
They also often address political environmental and social issues.
Famous scandinavian designers. Often referred to as ph in his native denmark poul hennignsen was a danish author architect designer and critic but is today most well remembered for his lighting design. Muuto aims at a combination of clean lines craftsmanship and functionality with fresh materials. Wegner is a landmark figure in danish furniture design and the y chair is perhaps his most iconic work.
Architect arne jacobsen was one of the most prolific scandinavian modernist designers of his time and he sold millions of his plywood ant chair. This is a list of danish furniture designers. Born in denmark in 1929 poul kjærholm was known for his incorporation of industrial design most distinctly his use of steel frames.
Works like his 1956 triennale chair are now in the collection of the museum of modern art. When talking to emerging designers about their work they express a level of freedom in their designs and artistry. One of the leading figures of denmark s cultural scene during the interwar period henningsen s literary career was illustrious to say the least.
This year was no exception. Both an innovation in manufacturing and a catalyst to changing attitudes towards furniture design in the 1950s and 1960s the y chair continues to be a highly sought after piece of interior design. The egg chair and the swan chair.
He was a trained carpenter who put the material first and foremost. He was influenced by mies van der rohe and charles and ray eames and many of his chairs and lighting designs are still sold today. Note the references to other swedish starlets in their silhouette names such as greta garbo and the unquestionable glamour of their thick rimmed designs and the result is a brand that feels.
From the 1930s designers such as alvar aalto arne jacobsen and maija isola began producing and created a golden age of scandinavian design their work was inspired by the concepts of constructivism functionalism and in some cases surrealism. Designers discovered at sff include big names such as gam fratesi taf architects oki sato of nendo and afteroom.
- Scandinavian Felt Christmas Decorations
- Scandinavian Farmhouse Kitchen Design
- Scandinavian Flick Drift
- Scandinavian Folk Animals
- Scandinavian Flags Pictures
- Scandinavian Folk Art Embroidery
- Scandinavian Fireplace Canada
- Scandinavian Farmhouse Scandinavian Architecture House
- Scandinavian Folk Art Animals
- Scandinavian Flick Top Gear
- Scandinavian Flags Images
- Scandinavian Flatware
- Scandinavian Fashion Brands
- Scandinavian Folk Art Painted Furniture
- Scandinavian Fireplace Ideas
- Scandinavian Fireplace Screen
- Scandinavian Floor Lamp
- Scandinavian Farmhouse Style Living Room
- Scandinavian Fashion Women
- Scandinavian Flooring Ideas